Cashew-Caramel Cookies Recipe
Yields: Makes about 3 dozen
- 1 2/3 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 2 1/2 cup(s) roasted salted cashews
- 2 tablespoon(s) plus 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 stick(s) (8 tablespoons) unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup(s) packed light-brown sugar
- 1/2 cup(s) granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon(s) pure vanilla extract
- 24 cube(s) (7 ounces) soft caramel candy
- 1/4 cup(s) heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Sift flour and salt together. Coarsely chop 1 cup cashews; set aside. Process remaining 1 1/2 cups cashews in a food processor until finely chopped. Pour in oil. Process until mixture is creamy, about 2 minutes.
- Put cashew mixture, butter, and sugars in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment; mix on medium speed until fluffy, about 2 minutes. Mix in egg and vanilla. Reduce speed to low; gradually add flour mixture. Mix in reserved chopped cashews.
- Shape dough into 1 1/2-inch balls; space 2 inches apart on 2 parchment-lined baking sheets. Bake 6 minutes; gently flatten with a spatula. Bake until bottoms are just golden, 6 to 7 minutes more. Let cool completely on sheets on wire racks.
- Melt caramels with cream in a small saucepan over low heat, stirring. Let cool. Using a spoon, drizzle caramel over cookies; let set. Store airtight in single layers.