Oatmeal Raisin Cookies Recipe
Yields: Makes about 3 dozen
- 2 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 1 cup(s) (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup(s) packed light-brown sugar
- 1/2 cup(s) granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon(s) pure vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoon(s) milk
- 2 large eggs
- 3 cup(s) old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup(s) raisins
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, salt, cinnamon, baking powder, and baking soda. Set aside. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine butter with both sugars, and beat until light and fluffy. Add vanilla, milk, and eggs, and mix well. Add flour mixture, and beat until just combined. Remove bowl from the electric mixer, and stir in oats and raisins. Place dough in the refrigerator until firm, about 2 hours or overnight.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Line several baking sheets with parchment paper, and set aside. Scoop out 2 tablespoons of dough, and shape into a ball; place on one of the prepared sheets. Repeat with remaining dough, spacing balls 3 inches apart. Press down to flatten into 2-inch diameters.
- Transfer to the oven, and bake until golden but still soft in center, 16 to 18 minutes, rotating the pans between oven shelves halfway through baking. Remove from oven, and place on a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container at room temperature up to 1 week.