Peanut Butter Cookies Recipe
Yields: Makes 48
Total Time: 45 min
Prep Time: 20 min
- 1 1/2 cup(s) crunchy peanut butter
- 1 cup(s) packed light-brown sugar
- 1/2 cup(s) (1 stick) softened unsalted butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 cup(s) all-purpose flour (spooned and leveled)
- 1 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour and baking powder; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat peanut butter, sugar, and butter until smooth. Beat in egg. Gradually add flour mixture, beating to combine.
- Pinch off dough by the tablespoon; roll into balls. Place 2 inches apart on parchment-lined baking sheets. Using a fork, press balls in a crisscross pattern, flattening to a 1/2-inch thickness.
- Bake cookies, rotating halfway through, until lightly golden, 18 to 22 minutes. Cool cookies on a wire rack. Store in an airtight container at room temperature up to 1 week.