Peanut Butter Surprise Cookies Recipe
Yields: Makes 36
Total Time: 50 min
Prep Time: 20 min
- 1/2 cup(s) creamy peanut butter
- 4 tablespoon(s) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup(s) packed light-brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon(s) pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup(s) all-purpose flour (spooned and leveled)
- 1 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/3 cup(s) granulated sugar, for rolling dough
- 36 mini peanut butter cups, chilled and unwrapped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Using an electric mixer, cream peanut butter and butter in a mixing bowl until smooth. Add brown sugar; beat until combined, scraping down bowl as needed. Add eggs and vanilla, and beat until incorporated.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. With mixer on low speed, gradually beat in flour mixture in two batches.
- Scoop off dough by the tablespoon; roll into balls. Place granulated sugar on a plate; roll balls in sugar, coating completely. Place 2 inches apart on a nonstick insulated baking sheet.
- Bake until cookies begin to puff up slightly, about 7 minutes. Remove from oven. Press one peanut butter cup in center of each cookie. Return to oven; continue baking until cookies are golden brown and chocolate has begun to melt, about 6 minutes more. Let cool at least 10 minutes on baking sheet before transferring cookies to rack to cool completely.